About Us

History

Lee Johnson Auto Family was founded in 1933 by LeRoy Johnson. The first Lee Johnson auto dealership was located in a small garage in downtown Kirkland. As an added service to his customers, Mr. Johnson would make a weekly trip to Seattle to pick up their license plates and updated registrations. Though other dealerships followed suit, Lee Johnson Auto License was the first sub-agency in Washington State! Now named Eastside Auto Licensing, we are a private business that has entered a subagency contract with the King County Auditor, and appointed by the WA State Department of Licensing Director to perform vehicle and vessel title and licensing services. Eastside Auto Licensing is proud to have such a long history of ongoing service to its customers!

Eastside Auto Licensing Mission Statement

We believe that our customers are our greatest asset. We strive to provide the most convenient and knowledgeable personalized service with warmth, friendliness and individual pride.

“A customer is the most important visitor on our premises. He is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is a part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so.”
-attributed to Kenneth B. Elliott, VP/Sales, Studebaker (1941)